Home » News » Public Safety
Faulty dishwasher blamed for Nashua restaurant fire
NASHUA - A problem with a motor in a dishwasher led to a small fire at a Main Street restaurant Saturday evening.
Fire officials say they were called to the San Francisco Kitchen restaurant on Main Street at about 5:30 last night after a report of an appliance fire.
Firefighters found a fire in the motor area of a dishwasher. The machine had to be removed from the kitchen in order to be put out.
Smoke from the fire reached the kitchen and restaurant areas and the eatery was evacuated. The Board of Health was called in to perform an inspection.
The fire was determined to have started due to the faulty motor.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 1
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072