Home » News » Public Safety
Minivan struck head-on by pickup leaves woman dead, boy seriously injured in Claremont
Police said a Toyota Tacoma was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, Claremont.
The driver of the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early this morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries suffered in the accident.
Her 13-year-old passenger, whose name was not released, is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
The driver of the pick-up truck, Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by Claremont officers and State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief