Home » News » Public Safety
Minivan struck head-on by pickup leaves woman dead, boy seriously injured in Claremont
Police said a Toyota Tacoma was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, Claremont.
The driver of the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early this morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries suffered in the accident.
Her 13-year-old passenger, whose name was not released, is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
The driver of the pick-up truck, Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by Claremont officers and State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters