Smoking materials blamed for fire
April 06. 2013 9:30PM
Fire officials say careless disposal of smoking materials was to blame for a fire at Royal Crest Apartments Saturday afternoon.
The fire started on a third-floor balcony at 16 Royal Crest Dr. around 3:30 p.m., according to Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Kerrigan. "It had started to get inside, but we caught it in time," he said.
Kerrigan said the building's fire alarms went off and residents got out on their own. It took about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.