Kolomatis' goal lifts Monarchs
Kolomatis scored 1:50 into overtime on Sunday, lifting the Monarchs to a crucial 4-3 road victory over the Worcester Sharks at the DCU Center.
The win provided a crucial two points for Manchester in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt. The Monarchs have 71 points, four points behind eighth-place Hershey, with six games remaining.
For the winner, Kolomatis followed up his original shot, which had been blocked, at the right-wing face-off circle and wristed it past Sharks goalie Harri Sateri high over the stick side. David Meckler and Hunter Bishop claimed assists.
The Monarchs were two seconds away from winning the game in regulation when, with Sateri pulled, Freddie Hamilton knotted the game at 3-3.
Andrew Campbell, Jordan Weal and Brian O'Neill scored for Manchester to open up a 3-1 lead midway through the second period.
But Worcester, which had evened the game at 1-1 through Riley Brace in the second period, got even with a goal by Daniil Tarasov 17 seconds into the third period, and then Hamilton's late equalizer.
The Monarchs play their final three home games of the regular season next weekend: Friday against Connecticut, Saturday against Hershey and Sunday against Worcester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 23
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 1
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 4
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released