Kolomatis' goal lifts Monarchs
Kolomatis scored 1:50 into overtime on Sunday, lifting the Monarchs to a crucial 4-3 road victory over the Worcester Sharks at the DCU Center.
The win provided a crucial two points for Manchester in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt. The Monarchs have 71 points, four points behind eighth-place Hershey, with six games remaining.
For the winner, Kolomatis followed up his original shot, which had been blocked, at the right-wing face-off circle and wristed it past Sharks goalie Harri Sateri high over the stick side. David Meckler and Hunter Bishop claimed assists.
The Monarchs were two seconds away from winning the game in regulation when, with Sateri pulled, Freddie Hamilton knotted the game at 3-3.
Andrew Campbell, Jordan Weal and Brian O'Neill scored for Manchester to open up a 3-1 lead midway through the second period.
But Worcester, which had evened the game at 1-1 through Riley Brace in the second period, got even with a goal by Daniil Tarasov 17 seconds into the third period, and then Hamilton's late equalizer.
The Monarchs play their final three home games of the regular season next weekend: Friday against Connecticut, Saturday against Hershey and Sunday against Worcester.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 0
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 13
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan