Bode Miller's brother, professional snowboarder Chelone Miller, found dead
The U.S. Ski and Snowboarding Association announced Miller's death Monday in a post on its website, saying he died Sunday morning from an apparent seizure believed to be related to a 2005 motorcycle accident that put him in a coma for 11 days.
"Chelone Miller was an aspiring elite athlete who had made great progress as a snowboardcross rider this past season," said Bill Marolt, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president and chief executive officer. "We are all deeply saddened at the news of his death and extend our condolences to the entire Miller family."
According to USSA, Chelone Miller had been focusing on qualifying for the 2014 Winter Olympics in snowboardcross. He finished fourth last month in a U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix event in Park City, Utah.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 4
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507