Bode Miller's brother, professional snowboarder Chelone Miller, found dead
The U.S. Ski and Snowboarding Association announced Miller's death Monday in a post on its website, saying he died Sunday morning from an apparent seizure believed to be related to a 2005 motorcycle accident that put him in a coma for 11 days.
"Chelone Miller was an aspiring elite athlete who had made great progress as a snowboardcross rider this past season," said Bill Marolt, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president and chief executive officer. "We are all deeply saddened at the news of his death and extend our condolences to the entire Miller family."
According to USSA, Chelone Miller had been focusing on qualifying for the 2014 Winter Olympics in snowboardcross. He finished fourth last month in a U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix event in Park City, Utah.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Deadline set for identifiers on for-profit MADD donation bins in NH - 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
- Should a 13-year-old have a TV in their bedroom?
- Total Votes: 547