Bode Miller's brother, professional snowboarder Chelone Miller, found dead
The U.S. Ski and Snowboarding Association announced Miller's death Monday in a post on its website, saying he died Sunday morning from an apparent seizure believed to be related to a 2005 motorcycle accident that put him in a coma for 11 days.
"Chelone Miller was an aspiring elite athlete who had made great progress as a snowboardcross rider this past season," said Bill Marolt, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president and chief executive officer. "We are all deeply saddened at the news of his death and extend our condolences to the entire Miller family."
According to USSA, Chelone Miller had been focusing on qualifying for the 2014 Winter Olympics in snowboardcross. He finished fourth last month in a U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix event in Park City, Utah.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 17
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 5
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'