Bode Miller's brother, professional snowboarder Chelone Miller, found dead
The U.S. Ski and Snowboarding Association announced Miller's death Monday in a post on its website, saying he died Sunday morning from an apparent seizure believed to be related to a 2005 motorcycle accident that put him in a coma for 11 days.
"Chelone Miller was an aspiring elite athlete who had made great progress as a snowboardcross rider this past season," said Bill Marolt, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president and chief executive officer. "We are all deeply saddened at the news of his death and extend our condolences to the entire Miller family."
According to USSA, Chelone Miller had been focusing on qualifying for the 2014 Winter Olympics in snowboardcross. He finished fourth last month in a U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix event in Park City, Utah.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 8
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 49
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
- Secret arrests: Names contradict ICE narrative - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate