Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Portsmouth man expected to plead guilty in drug case
Christiaan Jennings, 26, of Portsmouth is expected to plead guilty to drug charges next month in superior court stemming from a vehicle stop on Jan. 2, 2011. (JAMES KIMBALL FILE PHOTO)
Jennings was arrested by Portsmouth police on Jan. 2, 2011 after he was pulled over on Route 1 for driving erratically, according to police.
During the vehicle stop, police officers found Jennings had the drugs and $42,000 cash in the trunk of his Toyota Corolla, prosecutors said.
He is also facing charges in federal court, where he was indicted for possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, being an unlawful drug user in possession of a firearm and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
A Rockingham County grand jury indicted Jennings on nine charges last April, including possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell and driving under the influence of drugs.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 21
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917