Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Portsmouth man expected to plead guilty in drug case
Christiaan Jennings, 26, of Portsmouth is expected to plead guilty to drug charges next month in superior court stemming from a vehicle stop on Jan. 2, 2011. (JAMES KIMBALL FILE PHOTO)
Jennings was arrested by Portsmouth police on Jan. 2, 2011 after he was pulled over on Route 1 for driving erratically, according to police.
During the vehicle stop, police officers found Jennings had the drugs and $42,000 cash in the trunk of his Toyota Corolla, prosecutors said.
He is also facing charges in federal court, where he was indicted for possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, being an unlawful drug user in possession of a firearm and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
A Rockingham County grand jury indicted Jennings on nine charges last April, including possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell and driving under the influence of drugs.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Most charges dropped against North Haverhill man who threatened officers during standoff - 0
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Man faces charges in Rochester and Somersworth - 0
- Manchester chief turns to community to help fight gangs - 16
- City man arrested in shooting incident - 0
- Teen, 19, stabbed in Concord; man charged in Rochester choking - 0
- Grieving Epping mother continues lonely vigil for son - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 3
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917