Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
County attorney: Break in Bedford home invasion
"(The dives) did have to do with the investigation into the assault at the Quesada home in November," Hillsborough County Attorney Patricia LaFrance said Tuesday night.
The Nov. 24 home invasion left Dr. Quesada, 52, and his wife severely injured and rattled the Bedford community. LaFrance told the New Hampshire Union Leader late last month that authorities have identified a motive.
She would not say Tuesday night whether divers recovered any evidence, nor would she confirm reports that authorities have suspects in custody on unrelated charges.
"I can say that we have made significant progress," she said. "We should have some developments that we can make public in the next few days or within a week."
Bedford police refused to comment.
Dr. Quesada has worked as an anesthesiologist at the Pain Management Center at Elliot Hospital and Amoskeag Anesthesia PLLC in Manchester.
Sonia Quesada died Jan. 7 in an incident that police have said was not a homicide. Police were called to the Bedford condominium where the couple was staying to check on their welfare. They found Dr. Quesada unconscious, his 29-year-old wife dead; a pile of prescription drugs was nearby.
LaFrance said she understands the public's desire for more information.
"I know a lot of people are upset at the lack of information being given so far," she said. "I understand that people are scared. But prematurely releasing information may jeopardize the investigation and the prosecution.
"My ultimate goal is to see that justice is done," she said.
New Hampshire Union Leader Correspondents Henry Metz and Nancy Bean Foster contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424