Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Merrimack polls open today
There is one contested race. School board incumbents Christopher Ortega and Shannon Barnes and Gary Krupp, a member of the school district budget committee, are running for two spots on the school board.
Running unopposed for two slots on the town council are incumbent Daniel Dwyer and former councilor David Yakuboff. Councilor Jackie Flood has decided not to seek re-election.
Voters will be asked to decide on a $28.7 million town operating budget that would keep the tax rate steady at $5.25 per $1,000 of assessed valuation. Voters will also be asked to approve a $66.3 million operating budget for the school district, and a new contract with teachers that represents an increase of about $1.65 million in salaries over the next three years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Historic Blair Bridge in Campton reopened - 1
- Creative ways to finance rail in NH pushed - 12
- Hudson grapples with traffic concerns as industrial park grows - 0
- Nashua transportation roundtable event canceled - 0
- Crews making progress on Derry's Rockingham Road - 1
- Crews make progress sprucing up Derry's Abbott Court, Central Court - 0
- Nashua aldermen asked to prioritize paving needs - 0
- State police targeting unsafe trucks, buses in 72-hour enforcement campaign - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate