Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Merrimack polls open today
There is one contested race. School board incumbents Christopher Ortega and Shannon Barnes and Gary Krupp, a member of the school district budget committee, are running for two spots on the school board.
Running unopposed for two slots on the town council are incumbent Daniel Dwyer and former councilor David Yakuboff. Councilor Jackie Flood has decided not to seek re-election.
Voters will be asked to decide on a $28.7 million town operating budget that would keep the tax rate steady at $5.25 per $1,000 of assessed valuation. Voters will also be asked to approve a $66.3 million operating budget for the school district, and a new contract with teachers that represents an increase of about $1.65 million in salaries over the next three years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG