Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Speed was a factor in fatal Claremont accident
"Speed appears to have been a factor and everything else is under investigation," Scott said.
A Toyota Tacoma pickup was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, according to police.
Scott said it appears the Toyota pickup, driven by Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was speeding at the time of the crash.
The woman driving the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early Monday morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries she suffered in the accident.
A 13-year-old passenger in Blaisdell's car is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
Garlinger was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. He was listed in fair condition Monday afternoon, medical center officials said.
Scott said the crash is still under investigation and no charges are being sought at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced