Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Speed was a factor in fatal Claremont accident
"Speed appears to have been a factor and everything else is under investigation," Scott said.
A Toyota Tacoma pickup was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, according to police.
Scott said it appears the Toyota pickup, driven by Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was speeding at the time of the crash.
The woman driving the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early Monday morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries she suffered in the accident.
A 13-year-old passenger in Blaisdell's car is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
Garlinger was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. He was listed in fair condition Monday afternoon, medical center officials said.
Scott said the crash is still under investigation and no charges are being sought at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 34
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three indicted in beating, robbery of pizza delivery man in Somersworth - 0
- Man arrested as Manchester West High School intruder indicted on felony charge - 0
- Keene police say one charged with riot on Saturday, another arrested could face riot charge - 0
- Manchester man indicted on charge he ordered murder of city man - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt. teacher - 0
- No murder charge in stabbing of Manchester man in 'Black Acres;' self-defense claimed - 0
- Ottawa police say male suspect in attack and soldier are dead - 1
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Health costs up for Manchester