Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Speed was a factor in fatal Claremont accident
"Speed appears to have been a factor and everything else is under investigation," Scott said.
A Toyota Tacoma pickup was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, according to police.
Scott said it appears the Toyota pickup, driven by Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was speeding at the time of the crash.
The woman driving the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early Monday morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries she suffered in the accident.
A 13-year-old passenger in Blaisdell's car is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
Garlinger was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. He was listed in fair condition Monday afternoon, medical center officials said.
Scott said the crash is still under investigation and no charges are being sought at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'