Home » News » Public Safety
Ossipee police officers earn promotions
Ossipee Police Department Lt. Joseph Duchesne, left, and Sgt. Anthony Castaldo were promoted on Monday. (COURTESY)
Eldridge, a veteran of the Ossipee Police Department and the U.S. Army where he served as a military police officer, fills the post vacated April 1 when Chief Don Grow retired.
On Monday, staff, friends and family attended a promotion ceremony where former Sgt. Joseph Duchesne was promoted to fill the lieutenant slot vacated when Eldridge became chief.
Senior Patrolman Anthony Castaldo was promoted to fill the open sergeant's position.
The promotions come with a new slate of responsibilities. Dushesne will handle administrative duties such as researching and writing grant applications and creating and overseeing special details and patrols.
Dushesne joined the Ossipee Police Department in April of 2000. This was his first police officer position. Previously, Dushesne said he worked in retail but wanted a job with more variety.
After joining the Ossipee Police Department, Dushesne became the K-9 Unit leader with his partner, Zeus, a role that was passed to Sgt. Castaldo.
Castaldo joined the Ossipee Police Department in 2008 after serving with the Tamworth Police Department from 2006 to 2008. In his new job, Castaldo will serve as the go-to advisor for officers on patrol any time day or night. He will continue as the K-9 Unit leader and will accompany Zeus to re-certification training in Massachusetts later this spring.
Even with the promotions, the police department still has one vacancy for a patrol officer.
Incoming Patrol Officer Kim Hatch graduates from the police academy on Friday and will start work on Sunday, according to Duchesne, leaving one more vacancy for a patrol position in the nine-member department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown