Home » News » Public Safety
Ossipee police officers earn promotions
Ossipee Police Department Lt. Joseph Duchesne, left, and Sgt. Anthony Castaldo were promoted on Monday. (COURTESY)
Eldridge, a veteran of the Ossipee Police Department and the U.S. Army where he served as a military police officer, fills the post vacated April 1 when Chief Don Grow retired.
On Monday, staff, friends and family attended a promotion ceremony where former Sgt. Joseph Duchesne was promoted to fill the lieutenant slot vacated when Eldridge became chief.
Senior Patrolman Anthony Castaldo was promoted to fill the open sergeant's position.
The promotions come with a new slate of responsibilities. Dushesne will handle administrative duties such as researching and writing grant applications and creating and overseeing special details and patrols.
Dushesne joined the Ossipee Police Department in April of 2000. This was his first police officer position. Previously, Dushesne said he worked in retail but wanted a job with more variety.
After joining the Ossipee Police Department, Dushesne became the K-9 Unit leader with his partner, Zeus, a role that was passed to Sgt. Castaldo.
Castaldo joined the Ossipee Police Department in 2008 after serving with the Tamworth Police Department from 2006 to 2008. In his new job, Castaldo will serve as the go-to advisor for officers on patrol any time day or night. He will continue as the K-9 Unit leader and will accompany Zeus to re-certification training in Massachusetts later this spring.
Even with the promotions, the police department still has one vacancy for a patrol officer.
Incoming Patrol Officer Kim Hatch graduates from the police academy on Friday and will start work on Sunday, according to Duchesne, leaving one more vacancy for a patrol position in the nine-member department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 2
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser