Home » News » Public Safety
Ossipee police officers earn promotions
Eldridge, a veteran of the Ossipee Police Department and the U.S. Army where he served as a military police officer, fills the post vacated April 1 when Chief Don Grow retired.
On Monday, staff, friends and family attended a promotion ceremony where former Sgt. Joseph Duchesne was promoted to fill the lieutenant slot vacated when Eldridge became chief.
Senior Patrolman Anthony Castaldo was promoted to fill the open sergeant's position.
The promotions come with a new slate of responsibilities. Dushesne will handle administrative duties such as researching and writing grant applications and creating and overseeing special details and patrols.
Dushesne joined the Ossipee Police Department in April of 2000. This was his first police officer position. Previously, Dushesne said he worked in retail but wanted a job with more variety.
After joining the Ossipee Police Department, Dushesne became the K-9 Unit leader with his partner, Zeus, a role that was passed to Sgt. Castaldo.
Castaldo joined the Ossipee Police Department in 2008 after serving with the Tamworth Police Department from 2006 to 2008. In his new job, Castaldo will serve as the go-to advisor for officers on patrol any time day or night. He will continue as the K-9 Unit leader and will accompany Zeus to re-certification training in Massachusetts later this spring.
Even with the promotions, the police department still has one vacancy for a patrol officer.
Incoming Patrol Officer Kim Hatch graduates from the police academy on Friday and will start work on Sunday, according to Duchesne, leaving one more vacancy for a patrol position in the nine-member department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents