Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Mass. man charged in fatal Claremont wreck
"Preliminary investigation shows that both speed and alcohol were factors in the accident," Police Chief Alexander Scott said in a press release Wednesday.
Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was arrested and charged Wednesday with negligent homicide for the fatal collision that occurred shortly after midnight on Sunday.
Shellie Blaisdell of Windsor, VT., was killed in the crash. A 13-year-old male passenger in Blaisdell's vehicle, who was seriously injured, has since been released from the hospital and is recovering at home, Scott said in a press release Wednesday.
According to police, the collision occurred when a Toyota Tacoma pickup headed east on Main Street suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street.
Scott said Monday it appears the Toyota pickup, driven by Garlinger, was speeding at the time of the crash.
Blaisdell, who had been driving the minivan, died early Sunday morning at Valley Regional Hospital, as the result of injuries she suffered in the accident.
Her 13-year-old passenger was treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
Garlinger was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. He was listed in fair condition Monday afternoon, medical center officials said.
Wednesday Scott said, "Garlinger was traveling east on Main Street well in excess of the posted speed limit when the Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck he was driving crossed the double yellow line and collided head-on with a Pontiac Minivan driven by Shellie Blaisdell."
Garlinger is expected to be arraigned in the 5th Circuit Court, Claremont District Division Thursday at 10 a.m.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County House of Corrections pending his arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
- Uehara named to AL all-star team - 0
- Stocks up after Fed minutes on 'easy money' exit - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917