Home » News » Public Safety
Four-vehicle crash injures Epsom man in Lee
While a piece of a box truck pierced the windshield and missed the driver of this Volvo, he sustained a head injury following an accident along Route 4 in Lee Thursday. (Courtesy photo)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded after a westbound Silver Volvo, driven by Dylan Smith, 24, of Epsom, encountered traffic and struck the rear of a green box truck, driven by Peter Hutchins, 42, of Epsom, before hitting a guardrail and striking a 2004 Gold Toyota RAV4, driven by Angela Mangini, 64, of Londonderry.
As a result of the impact, the RAV4 was pushed into a 2007 Hyundai Elantra driven by Janice Girard, 65, of Rochester, before it ended up on the opposite side of Route 4.
Sgt. Thomas Dronsfield said while a piece of the box truck went through the windshield of the Volvo, it did not hit the driver. He added it appears Smith was not wearing his seat belt and the crash remains under investigation.
Ambulance crews transported Smith to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 0
- Winning $100,000 lottery ticket sold in Laconia - 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation