Home » News » Public Safety
Four-vehicle crash injures Epsom man in Lee
While a piece of a box truck pierced the windshield and missed the driver of this Volvo, he sustained a head injury following an accident along Route 4 in Lee Thursday. (Courtesy photo)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded after a westbound Silver Volvo, driven by Dylan Smith, 24, of Epsom, encountered traffic and struck the rear of a green box truck, driven by Peter Hutchins, 42, of Epsom, before hitting a guardrail and striking a 2004 Gold Toyota RAV4, driven by Angela Mangini, 64, of Londonderry.
As a result of the impact, the RAV4 was pushed into a 2007 Hyundai Elantra driven by Janice Girard, 65, of Rochester, before it ended up on the opposite side of Route 4.
Sgt. Thomas Dronsfield said while a piece of the box truck went through the windshield of the Volvo, it did not hit the driver. He added it appears Smith was not wearing his seat belt and the crash remains under investigation.
Ambulance crews transported Smith to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition