Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters plan benefit for Sullivan chief
The dance is planned to take place at the American Legion, 797 Court St., Keene, from noon to 6 p.m.
Henry has been on medical leave for almost two years, said Sullivan Fire Lt. Rick Plankey, who organized the event.
Initially unexplained intestinal pain was the cause and led to surgery.
He was expected to return to work recently when he had to undergo open heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He's had a rough time of it and the bills are starting to pile up so I decided to get together with all the guys and do a benefit for him," Plankey said.
Henry has been with the department about 25 years and has been chief for more than 10 years.The department is hoping he will be able to return after he recovers from heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He hasn't had very good luck the past couple of years, but he looks a lot better," Plankey said.
Admission to the dance is $10 and includes food. A Sullivan musician is bringing his band to play and will DJ in-between the live sets.
Local businesses have chipped in with raffle prizes, including Discount Oil of Keene which has given 125 gallons of oil. A week's stay at a hunting lodge in Maine is also being raffled off.
There are gift cards up for raffle from Hannaford, Target, Cheshire Village Pizza, Papagallos, Tire Warehouse and Cheshire Tire.
"Everybody's welcome to come and we look forward to a nice big crowd," Plankey said "The more money we can raise for him the better it will be for him. It's open to everybody, whoever wants to come."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
- Judge rejects bid for new trial by ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- NH Senate Roundup: Marijuana penalties to remain the same in Granite State - 0
- Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck - 0
- Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Manchester Cub Scout robotics team making plans for world championship - 0
- Judge rejects request to stop auto dealer 'bill of rights' - 0
- Earnings lift S&P 500 and Nasdaq - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start