St. Margaret's of Scotland Church in Conway to dedicate Korean War Memorial
The memorial is a specially constructed case containing a Bronze Star, Korean War Medal and United Nations Korean Service Medal given by the family of a Korean War veteran.
All veterans and the public are welcome.
In addition to remembering Korean War veterans, veterans who served will be remembered. Veterans groups are welcome to participate formally in the event.
The Korean War was a conflict between Communist and non-Communist forces in Korea from June 25, 1950, to July 27, 1953. An armistice agreement was signed on July 27, 1953.
Casualties in the war were heavy and U.S. losses were placed at more than 54,000 dead and 103,000 wounded, while Chinese and Korean casualties were considerably higher.
"We are honored to include this remembrance among our memorials at St. Margaret's" said the Rev. Jeffrey Monroe, parish rector. "The Korean War is sometimes overlooked but as recent events show, the area remains in conflict. We can never forget the sacrifice our veterans made in that war, and all others, for our freedom."
The church is located at 85 Pleasant St. The Rev. Jeffrey Monroe (capt., USMM) is rector, and the Rev. Harry E. Wellsman (USA-Ret.) is deacon.
Go to www.conwayanglicans.org for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal