Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Gonic man faces texting while driving charges after traffic stop
Around 4:25 p.m., officers determined that Aaron Shackelford, 20, of 9 Strafford Road in Gonic, was driving while distracted downtown.
As a result of a traffic stop, police obtained a search warrant and allegedly found evidence of other criminal activity.
Shackelford was charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute, three counts of receiving stolen property, underage transportation of alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle.
He was also held on a bench warrant for allegedly failing to appear for an arraignment on seven previous charges of receiving stolen property stemming from incidents in Barrington.
Police said the goal of the traffic patrols is to concentrate efforts on areas in the city where there is a history of criminal and motor vehicle offenses.
Possession of drugs with intent to distribute is a Class B felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.
Receiving stolen property is a Class A misdemeanor and each count could result in up to a year in jail, while transporting alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle are all violations, which could result in a fine of up to $1,000.
Shackelford, who was held on the bench warrant, refused bail and was taken to Strafford County Jail. He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rochester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Fingerprints of man accused of theft belong to 2 people - 0
- Lookout man in Bedford home invasion case pleads guilty - 0
- Hearing postponed for suspended fire official - 0
- Confessed serial burglar facing new charges - 0
- Former Litchfield parochial school principal to plead guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Dover man faces manufacturing child porn charges after sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- GT Advanced says 'amicable parting' with Apple will cost 47 jobs in NH - 0
- Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar - 4
- Ebola, health care among issues that split Guinta, Shea-Porter - 0
- Governor names 5 to presidential primary anniversary commission - 0
- Stocks extend rebound on earnings - 0
- Patriots acquire linebacker Ayers - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer: Bedford girls win, clinch No. 2 seed - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Derryfield falls short in OT - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar