Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Gonic man faces texting while driving charges after traffic stop
Around 4:25 p.m., officers determined that Aaron Shackelford, 20, of 9 Strafford Road in Gonic, was driving while distracted downtown.
As a result of a traffic stop, police obtained a search warrant and allegedly found evidence of other criminal activity.
Shackelford was charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute, three counts of receiving stolen property, underage transportation of alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle.
He was also held on a bench warrant for allegedly failing to appear for an arraignment on seven previous charges of receiving stolen property stemming from incidents in Barrington.
Police said the goal of the traffic patrols is to concentrate efforts on areas in the city where there is a history of criminal and motor vehicle offenses.
Possession of drugs with intent to distribute is a Class B felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.
Receiving stolen property is a Class A misdemeanor and each count could result in up to a year in jail, while transporting alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle are all violations, which could result in a fine of up to $1,000.
Shackelford, who was held on the bench warrant, refused bail and was taken to Strafford County Jail. He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rochester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus