Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Gonic man faces texting while driving charges after traffic stop
Around 4:25 p.m., officers determined that Aaron Shackelford, 20, of 9 Strafford Road in Gonic, was driving while distracted downtown.
As a result of a traffic stop, police obtained a search warrant and allegedly found evidence of other criminal activity.
Shackelford was charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute, three counts of receiving stolen property, underage transportation of alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle.
He was also held on a bench warrant for allegedly failing to appear for an arraignment on seven previous charges of receiving stolen property stemming from incidents in Barrington.
Police said the goal of the traffic patrols is to concentrate efforts on areas in the city where there is a history of criminal and motor vehicle offenses.
Possession of drugs with intent to distribute is a Class B felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.
Receiving stolen property is a Class A misdemeanor and each count could result in up to a year in jail, while transporting alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle are all violations, which could result in a fine of up to $1,000.
Shackelford, who was held on the bench warrant, refused bail and was taken to Strafford County Jail. He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rochester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- 3 men arrested for burglarizing car dealer - 0
- Alleged lip-biter faces more charges - 0
- Child left unattended while trio overdosed on heroin - 0
- Compounding company officials charged with murder - 0
- 'Resilient' teen has a long road to recovery - 0
- Kibby indictments detail months of depraved sexual violence and torture - 0
- Treasurer arraigned in theft from wool growers - 0
- Pet store burglary arrest leads to robbery charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483