Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Gonic man faces texting while driving charges after traffic stop
Around 4:25 p.m., officers determined that Aaron Shackelford, 20, of 9 Strafford Road in Gonic, was driving while distracted downtown.
As a result of a traffic stop, police obtained a search warrant and allegedly found evidence of other criminal activity.
Shackelford was charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute, three counts of receiving stolen property, underage transportation of alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle.
He was also held on a bench warrant for allegedly failing to appear for an arraignment on seven previous charges of receiving stolen property stemming from incidents in Barrington.
Police said the goal of the traffic patrols is to concentrate efforts on areas in the city where there is a history of criminal and motor vehicle offenses.
Possession of drugs with intent to distribute is a Class B felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.
Receiving stolen property is a Class A misdemeanor and each count could result in up to a year in jail, while transporting alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle are all violations, which could result in a fine of up to $1,000.
Shackelford, who was held on the bench warrant, refused bail and was taken to Strafford County Jail. He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rochester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 men charged with stealing $210k in cash from Salem home - 0
- Two indicted for possession, intent to sell spice - 0
- Guardianship sought for Middleton man accused in standoff - 0
- Deliberations continue in Dover fatal stabbing trial - 0
- Suspect identified in shooting at Canada's Parliament - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt., teacher - 0
- Teen who struck two Hampton women seeks to overturn license suspension - 0
- Former Londonderry youth football league board member facing theft charge - 0
- Jury convicts Rochester man, three other ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 7
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 4
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483