Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Restaurant employees help police catch alleged purse snatcher
The two employees at Margaritas, located at 1037 Elm St., told police they saw the patron place his jacket over a co-worker's purse, which was hanging on the back of a chair in the bar area. The suspect then walked out of the restaurant with the purse hidden inside the jacket, police said.
With the two employees chasing him, the thief tossed the purse behind Bridge Street Cafe and kept running, police said. The employees flagged down Officer Austin Goodman, who picked up the pursuit. The thief only stopped when Goodman threatened to use a stun gun on him, police said.
About the same time, other patrolmen were at The Farm Bar and Grille at 1181 Elm St. where a similar theft occurred a short time before Davis' arrest, police said. Employees recovered that purse in a nearby trash can. It was only missing a debit card.
A review of The Farm Bar's video surveillance revealed the same man stealing a purse in the same way.
Police charged Steven Davis, 41, of Manchester, with two counts of theft, both misdemeanors, and violation of bail conditions. He also was placed on 72-hour hold by probation.
Davis pleaded innocent to the misdemeanors Thursday in 9th Circuit District Court. A status hearing on those charges is set for May 15.
Davis was held without bail pending a bail revocation hearing Friday.
Employees at The Farm Bar and Margaritas declined comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 1
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424