Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Restaurant employees help police catch alleged purse snatcher
The two employees at Margaritas, located at 1037 Elm St., told police they saw the patron place his jacket over a co-worker's purse, which was hanging on the back of a chair in the bar area. The suspect then walked out of the restaurant with the purse hidden inside the jacket, police said.
With the two employees chasing him, the thief tossed the purse behind Bridge Street Cafe and kept running, police said. The employees flagged down Officer Austin Goodman, who picked up the pursuit. The thief only stopped when Goodman threatened to use a stun gun on him, police said.
About the same time, other patrolmen were at The Farm Bar and Grille at 1181 Elm St. where a similar theft occurred a short time before Davis' arrest, police said. Employees recovered that purse in a nearby trash can. It was only missing a debit card.
A review of The Farm Bar's video surveillance revealed the same man stealing a purse in the same way.
Police charged Steven Davis, 41, of Manchester, with two counts of theft, both misdemeanors, and violation of bail conditions. He also was placed on 72-hour hold by probation.
Davis pleaded innocent to the misdemeanors Thursday in 9th Circuit District Court. A status hearing on those charges is set for May 15.
Davis was held without bail pending a bail revocation hearing Friday.
Employees at The Farm Bar and Margaritas declined comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424