Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Restaurant employees help police catch alleged purse snatcher
The two employees at Margaritas, located at 1037 Elm St., told police they saw the patron place his jacket over a co-worker's purse, which was hanging on the back of a chair in the bar area. The suspect then walked out of the restaurant with the purse hidden inside the jacket, police said.
With the two employees chasing him, the thief tossed the purse behind Bridge Street Cafe and kept running, police said. The employees flagged down Officer Austin Goodman, who picked up the pursuit. The thief only stopped when Goodman threatened to use a stun gun on him, police said.
About the same time, other patrolmen were at The Farm Bar and Grille at 1181 Elm St. where a similar theft occurred a short time before Davis' arrest, police said. Employees recovered that purse in a nearby trash can. It was only missing a debit card.
A review of The Farm Bar's video surveillance revealed the same man stealing a purse in the same way.
Police charged Steven Davis, 41, of Manchester, with two counts of theft, both misdemeanors, and violation of bail conditions. He also was placed on 72-hour hold by probation.
Davis pleaded innocent to the misdemeanors Thursday in 9th Circuit District Court. A status hearing on those charges is set for May 15.
Davis was held without bail pending a bail revocation hearing Friday.
Employees at The Farm Bar and Margaritas declined comment.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 5
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 0
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 0
- Police looking for person who apparently abandoned dog Friday at Concord Dog Park - 1
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 1
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483