Hollis/Brookline won't hire superintendent finalists, starts search again
The SAU Governing Board announced Thursday that instead of hiring one of two finalists for the interim superintendent position, a new search will be conducted.
SAU serves Hollis and Brookline.
After the Governing Board interviewed Richard Bergeron, current superintendent at the ConVal Regional School District, and Maureen Ward, superintendent at the Franklin/Hill School District in a public meeting Tuesday, the board announced neither candidate will be hired and that the search will instead be restarted.
The board is seeking an interim superintendent for the 2013-2014 school year, a move necessitated in January when the board and current Superintendent Susan Hodgdon agreed not to renew her contract.
The board, which has yet to comment on the reasons for Hodgdon's departure, did not give a reason why Ward and Bergeron were not hired.
The two were interviewed based upon the recommendation of a search subcommittee and input from the public, district staff, and sending district school board members.
In the release announcing the board's decision to start the search over, it thanked everyone who participated in the process that yielded Ward and Bergeron as final candidates for the work that was performed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 51
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
- George Will: In California, Goldwater 2.0 - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: Will big business become the left's faithful lapdog? - 2
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Playing the race card at the border - 2
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'