Home » News » Public Safety
Homeless man's death has Concord police seeking help
"We are exploring every possibility up to and including wrongdoing but we are also examining possible accidents. Both are on the table," Concord Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said Thursday.
Lufkin was unconscious but breathing inside a 154 North Main St. apartment about 12:05 a.m. April 5 when an acquaintance called for help.
Firefighters saw no obvious signs of trauma on Lufkin, and sent him to Concord Hospital, which transferred him to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he was diagnosed with a possible traumatic brain injury, police have said. He died April 6.
Results of an autopsy done on Lufkin's body are awaiting toxicological testing, including test results for the presence of alcohol and drugs.
Police have already interviewed numerous witnesses as they attempt to develop a time line of what he had done and who he was with in the days and possibly weeks prior to when an acquaintance called authorities to report Lufkin was unconscious in the apartment April 5.
Concord police urged anyone with information to contact them at 225-8600 or Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
O'Malley acknowledged there are "a lot of rumors" circulating about Lufkin possibly being assaulted.
Members of Lufkin's family told the Concord Monitor newspaper that Lufkin was attacked while defending a homeless woman who had been sexually assaulted.
"There are a lot of rumors. There is a lot of theory. There are a lot of scenarios. We are trying to get to cold, hard facts," O'Malley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 6
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 1
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate