Home » News » Public Safety
Homeless man's death has Concord police seeking help
"We are exploring every possibility up to and including wrongdoing but we are also examining possible accidents. Both are on the table," Concord Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said Thursday.
Lufkin was unconscious but breathing inside a 154 North Main St. apartment about 12:05 a.m. April 5 when an acquaintance called for help.
Firefighters saw no obvious signs of trauma on Lufkin, and sent him to Concord Hospital, which transferred him to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he was diagnosed with a possible traumatic brain injury, police have said. He died April 6.
Results of an autopsy done on Lufkin's body are awaiting toxicological testing, including test results for the presence of alcohol and drugs.
Police have already interviewed numerous witnesses as they attempt to develop a time line of what he had done and who he was with in the days and possibly weeks prior to when an acquaintance called authorities to report Lufkin was unconscious in the apartment April 5.
Concord police urged anyone with information to contact them at 225-8600 or Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
O'Malley acknowledged there are "a lot of rumors" circulating about Lufkin possibly being assaulted.
Members of Lufkin's family told the Concord Monitor newspaper that Lufkin was attacked while defending a homeless woman who had been sexually assaulted.
"There are a lot of rumors. There is a lot of theory. There are a lot of scenarios. We are trying to get to cold, hard facts," O'Malley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072