Home » News » Public Safety
Homeless man's death has Concord police seeking help
"We are exploring every possibility up to and including wrongdoing but we are also examining possible accidents. Both are on the table," Concord Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said Thursday.
Lufkin was unconscious but breathing inside a 154 North Main St. apartment about 12:05 a.m. April 5 when an acquaintance called for help.
Firefighters saw no obvious signs of trauma on Lufkin, and sent him to Concord Hospital, which transferred him to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he was diagnosed with a possible traumatic brain injury, police have said. He died April 6.
Results of an autopsy done on Lufkin's body are awaiting toxicological testing, including test results for the presence of alcohol and drugs.
Police have already interviewed numerous witnesses as they attempt to develop a time line of what he had done and who he was with in the days and possibly weeks prior to when an acquaintance called authorities to report Lufkin was unconscious in the apartment April 5.
Concord police urged anyone with information to contact them at 225-8600 or Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
O'Malley acknowledged there are "a lot of rumors" circulating about Lufkin possibly being assaulted.
Members of Lufkin's family told the Concord Monitor newspaper that Lufkin was attacked while defending a homeless woman who had been sexually assaulted.
"There are a lot of rumors. There is a lot of theory. There are a lot of scenarios. We are trying to get to cold, hard facts," O'Malley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072