Home » News » Public Safety
Homeless man's death has Concord police seeking help
"We are exploring every possibility up to and including wrongdoing but we are also examining possible accidents. Both are on the table," Concord Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said Thursday.
Lufkin was unconscious but breathing inside a 154 North Main St. apartment about 12:05 a.m. April 5 when an acquaintance called for help.
Firefighters saw no obvious signs of trauma on Lufkin, and sent him to Concord Hospital, which transferred him to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he was diagnosed with a possible traumatic brain injury, police have said. He died April 6.
Results of an autopsy done on Lufkin's body are awaiting toxicological testing, including test results for the presence of alcohol and drugs.
Police have already interviewed numerous witnesses as they attempt to develop a time line of what he had done and who he was with in the days and possibly weeks prior to when an acquaintance called authorities to report Lufkin was unconscious in the apartment April 5.
Concord police urged anyone with information to contact them at 225-8600 or Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
O'Malley acknowledged there are "a lot of rumors" circulating about Lufkin possibly being assaulted.
Members of Lufkin's family told the Concord Monitor newspaper that Lufkin was attacked while defending a homeless woman who had been sexually assaulted.
"There are a lot of rumors. There is a lot of theory. There are a lot of scenarios. We are trying to get to cold, hard facts," O'Malley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test