Home » Opinion » Editorials
Foster's future: Best of luck to the next AG
As for concern over Foster's lack of criminal prosecution experience, we don't see that as a major drawback. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but the office does have several veteran criminal prosecutors. Not all Foster's predecessors had such backgrounds, either. Former Attorney General Stephen Merrill, for one, did well leading that office.
From what we have heard and read, the Nashua attorney and former state senator is well thought of and regarded more as a pragmatic problem-solver than a partisan politician.
If that is the case, then Gov. Maggie Hassan may have earned an early thumbs-up in an important area. Given her less-than-smooth introduction to budgeting and spending, she can surely use one.
We expect Foster to win Executive Council approval this Wednesday. We wish him the best in an important post.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH and Dartmouth set to renew football rivalry - 0
- NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Turner starts fast for Quinnipiac women skaters - 0
- NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown - 0
- NH College Notebook: St. Anselm, SNHU to battle in nationally televised game - 0
- NH College Notebook: Milford's Andrews collects ACC award - 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH swim team raises funds to help boy battle cancer - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed