Home » Opinion » Editorials
Foster's future: Best of luck to the next AG
As for concern over Foster's lack of criminal prosecution experience, we don't see that as a major drawback. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but the office does have several veteran criminal prosecutors. Not all Foster's predecessors had such backgrounds, either. Former Attorney General Stephen Merrill, for one, did well leading that office.
From what we have heard and read, the Nashua attorney and former state senator is well thought of and regarded more as a pragmatic problem-solver than a partisan politician.
If that is the case, then Gov. Maggie Hassan may have earned an early thumbs-up in an important area. Given her less-than-smooth introduction to budgeting and spending, she can surely use one.
We expect Foster to win Executive Council approval this Wednesday. We wish him the best in an important post.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 11
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 49
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
- Secret arrests: Names contradict ICE narrative - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- One suspected gunman dead, police looking for more suspects in shooting at Canadian parliament - 0
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 2
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen