Home » Opinion » Editorials
Foster's future: Best of luck to the next AG
As for concern over Foster's lack of criminal prosecution experience, we don't see that as a major drawback. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but the office does have several veteran criminal prosecutors. Not all Foster's predecessors had such backgrounds, either. Former Attorney General Stephen Merrill, for one, did well leading that office.
From what we have heard and read, the Nashua attorney and former state senator is well thought of and regarded more as a pragmatic problem-solver than a partisan politician.
If that is the case, then Gov. Maggie Hassan may have earned an early thumbs-up in an important area. Given her less-than-smooth introduction to budgeting and spending, she can surely use one.
We expect Foster to win Executive Council approval this Wednesday. We wish him the best in an important post.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie makes most of chance - 0
- Monarchs cut Ullrich - 0
- Monarchs fall in Sunday shootout - 0
- Sabourin's two goals pace Monarchs past P-Bruins - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' 'kids' get job done - 0
- Monarchs roll past Sharks, 4-1 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 0
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges