Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Newton police investigating house burglary, make arrest
Police Chief Larry Streeter said police began their search after receiving a call around 7:15 a.m. from an "alert citizen" who spotted a suspicious vehicle in the area of a residence that was burglarized on Peaslee Crossing Road.
The woman provided a description of the vehicle and the license plate number, Streeter said. Officers later saw the vehicle about a mile and a half away in the parking lot of Northland Mall Variety on Route 108, Streeter said.
Police approached the vehicle and arrested Dany Poll, 18, of 103 Nichols St., Wilmington, Mass., on charges of unlawful possession of drugs and operating without a license.
A few minutes later, Streeter said a woman who lives on Peaslee Crossing Road called to report she had just arrived home and found two people running out of the house and into the woods.
The home that was burglarized was ransacked and a piece of jewelry valued at approximately $7,000 was allegedly taken, Streeter said.
The house is located directly across from where the car was located through a short patch of woods, Streeter said.
"It was apparent to us that the burglary suspects were headed back to that particular car," Streeter said.
Police began searching the wooded area and brought in state police dogs to assist.
"We were unsuccessful in locating them, but he did have cell phone contact with one of them and he eventually came to the police department," Streeter said.
Police were still questioning the man Wednesday night while the second person suspected of fleeing the house remained on the loose.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 2
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483