Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Newton police investigating house burglary, make arrest
Police Chief Larry Streeter said police began their search after receiving a call around 7:15 a.m. from an "alert citizen" who spotted a suspicious vehicle in the area of a residence that was burglarized on Peaslee Crossing Road.
The woman provided a description of the vehicle and the license plate number, Streeter said. Officers later saw the vehicle about a mile and a half away in the parking lot of Northland Mall Variety on Route 108, Streeter said.
Police approached the vehicle and arrested Dany Poll, 18, of 103 Nichols St., Wilmington, Mass., on charges of unlawful possession of drugs and operating without a license.
A few minutes later, Streeter said a woman who lives on Peaslee Crossing Road called to report she had just arrived home and found two people running out of the house and into the woods.
The home that was burglarized was ransacked and a piece of jewelry valued at approximately $7,000 was allegedly taken, Streeter said.
The house is located directly across from where the car was located through a short patch of woods, Streeter said.
"It was apparent to us that the burglary suspects were headed back to that particular car," Streeter said.
Police began searching the wooded area and brought in state police dogs to assist.
"We were unsuccessful in locating them, but he did have cell phone contact with one of them and he eventually came to the police department," Streeter said.
Police were still questioning the man Wednesday night while the second person suspected of fleeing the house remained on the loose.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 33
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424