Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Newton police investigating house burglary, make arrest
Police Chief Larry Streeter said police began their search after receiving a call around 7:15 a.m. from an "alert citizen" who spotted a suspicious vehicle in the area of a residence that was burglarized on Peaslee Crossing Road.
The woman provided a description of the vehicle and the license plate number, Streeter said. Officers later saw the vehicle about a mile and a half away in the parking lot of Northland Mall Variety on Route 108, Streeter said.
Police approached the vehicle and arrested Dany Poll, 18, of 103 Nichols St., Wilmington, Mass., on charges of unlawful possession of drugs and operating without a license.
A few minutes later, Streeter said a woman who lives on Peaslee Crossing Road called to report she had just arrived home and found two people running out of the house and into the woods.
The home that was burglarized was ransacked and a piece of jewelry valued at approximately $7,000 was allegedly taken, Streeter said.
The house is located directly across from where the car was located through a short patch of woods, Streeter said.
"It was apparent to us that the burglary suspects were headed back to that particular car," Streeter said.
Police began searching the wooded area and brought in state police dogs to assist.
"We were unsuccessful in locating them, but he did have cell phone contact with one of them and he eventually came to the police department," Streeter said.
Police were still questioning the man Wednesday night while the second person suspected of fleeing the house remained on the loose.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424