Home » News » Public Safety
AG says Alstead officer justified in deadly shooting of armed robbery suspect
Larry A. Bohannon, 51, refused to comply with Officer Cameron Prior's commands to "Drop the gun!" and continued to handle what appeared to be a pistol in the cab of his pickup truck when police shot him, Delaney wrote in his nine-page report.
Bohannon was hit with five shots. Two hit him in the chest. The rest hit him in the abdomen, rib cage, groin and head.
Bohannon slumped face down in the cab after being hit in the head.
Alstead police were alerted to Bohannon by a Cheshire County dispatch about 4:15 p.m. describing Bohannon's pickup truck and warning the driver was wanted for an armed robbery involving a firearm in Bellows Falls, Vt., about 15 minutes earlier.
Bohannon fled across the New Hampshire state line, traveling at speeds of up to 80 mph and illegally passing vehicles, the report said. With police in pursuit, Bohannon drove his truck onto a lawn in a residential area of Upper Walpole Road when police rammed his truck, forcing it to flip.
Police officers said they saw Bohannon fumbling with something with his hands while in the cab of his truck.
Bohannon's last-known residence was in Grafton.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads