Search leads to 'modified lockdown' for Wilson School
MANCHESTER - Students at Wilson School were kept inside Tuesday morning as police searched for a man involved in a reported armed robbery on Valley Street.
Police Chief David Mara said the school was advised to keep children inside, in what is known as a "modified lockdown," as officers went to various addresses, including one at nearby 395 Hall St., in search of a suspect involved in an incident in which "a weapon was shown."
Cruisers surrounded the area of Hall and Auburn streets, and officers positioned themselves outside the Hall Street apartment building, about a block east of the Wilson School.
Mara said the suspect was not there and as of noon, officers still had not located him.
Four police cruisers also were seen next to two cabs parked in the lot at Stop & Shop on Valley Street.
A woman who answered a call to Manchester Taxi said the driver involved in the incident went on an out-of-town call and was unavailable for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 31
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- General says NH Guard sites foster '2nd-class' image - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire