Sen. Ayotte invited to speak at New England College
On Saturday, May 18 at 11 a.m. on the Simon Green at 98 Bridge St. in Henniker, Ayotte will join the throngs of students who will don their caps and gowns to receive their diplomas.
Speaking for the college, Dr. Wayne Lesperance, professor of political science, said that the students, faculty and staff of New England College are lucky to have Ayotte speaking at commencement.
"In just three short years, Senator Ayotte has emerged as an important voice of fiscal reason, accountability and as a strong advocate for our men and women in uniform," said Lesperance. "She is highly regarded by her colleagues as having a clear eye about the challenges facing our country and is equally well regarded in the Granite State as truly representative of the values and aspirations of the people of New Hampshire."
"I'm deeply honored by New England College's invitation," said Ayotte, who serves on several Senate committees, including Armed Services, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Commerce, Budget, and Aging.
"Commencement marks an important milestone for the graduates, and I look forward to celebrating their considerable accomplishments during this very special ceremony," she said.
For more information visit www.nec.edu.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm