Sen. Ayotte invited to speak at New England College
On Saturday, May 18 at 11 a.m. on the Simon Green at 98 Bridge St. in Henniker, Ayotte will join the throngs of students who will don their caps and gowns to receive their diplomas.
Speaking for the college, Dr. Wayne Lesperance, professor of political science, said that the students, faculty and staff of New England College are lucky to have Ayotte speaking at commencement.
"In just three short years, Senator Ayotte has emerged as an important voice of fiscal reason, accountability and as a strong advocate for our men and women in uniform," said Lesperance. "She is highly regarded by her colleagues as having a clear eye about the challenges facing our country and is equally well regarded in the Granite State as truly representative of the values and aspirations of the people of New Hampshire."
"I'm deeply honored by New England College's invitation," said Ayotte, who serves on several Senate committees, including Armed Services, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Commerce, Budget, and Aging.
"Commencement marks an important milestone for the graduates, and I look forward to celebrating their considerable accomplishments during this very special ceremony," she said.
For more information visit www.nec.edu.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Amnesty? Garcia is against it - 84
- Newt's silence: Hemingway's missing endorsement - 7
- Who scares Shaheen? She wants to stop Scott Brown - 2
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 8
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 76
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
DWI License Revocations
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission