Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Manchester woman sexually assaulted in her driveway
The assault happened just after 6 a.m. Saturday. The woman told police she saw a four-door, gold-colored Saturn as she left her home to drive to the 7-Eleven at 557 Maple St. to get a cup of coffee.
As she was returning, she noticed the same gold-colored Saturn behind her.
She pulled into her driveway and as she was getting out, she noticed the Saturn had pulled in behind her. The driver got out, ran to her driver's side door and grabbed her by the throat, squeezing it, police said.
The man accosted the woman and put his hands down her pants. Police said the woman pleaded with him to stop, but he told her to shut up and threatened he had a gun. The woman did not see a firearm, but was frightened he did have one and would shoot her.
Police said the man continued to sexually assault the woman and only stopped when she began screaming loudly. He fled in the same gold car he arrived in, heading east on East High Street.
The assailant is described as a white man in his 20s, about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-8, unknown build, with short brown hair and some facial hair similar to a chin strap-style beard. He was wearing a white T-shirt.
The woman, who police said was taken by ambulance to the hospital as a precaution, told investigators she did not know the man. Police have not found any witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the police department's Domestic Sexual Violence Unit at (603) 792-5529 or The Manchester Crimeline at (603) 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 12
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917