Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester woman sexually assaulted in her driveway
The assault happened just after 6 a.m. Saturday. The woman told police she saw a four-door, gold-colored Saturn as she left her home to drive to the 7-Eleven at 557 Maple St. to get a cup of coffee.
As she was returning, she noticed the same gold-colored Saturn behind her.
She pulled into her driveway and as she was getting out, she noticed the Saturn had pulled in behind her. The driver got out, ran to her driver's side door and grabbed her by the throat, squeezing it, police said.
The man accosted the woman and put his hands down her pants. Police said the woman pleaded with him to stop, but he told her to shut up and threatened he had a gun. The woman did not see a firearm, but was frightened he did have one and would shoot her.
Police said the man continued to sexually assault the woman and only stopped when she began screaming loudly. He fled in the same gold car he arrived in, heading east on East High Street.
The assailant is described as a white man in his 20s, about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-8, unknown build, with short brown hair and some facial hair similar to a chin strap-style beard. He was wearing a white T-shirt.
The woman, who police said was taken by ambulance to the hospital as a precaution, told investigators she did not know the man. Police have not found any witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the police department's Domestic Sexual Violence Unit at (603) 792-5529 or The Manchester Crimeline at (603) 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Newton man faces three charges for alleged kidnapping, rape of teen - 0
- Police searching for two men after pizzeria robbery - 0
- Exeter man faces range of charges in connection with robberies, assault - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Dover police searching for two men after pizzeria robbery - 0
- Briefs: Man charged after gun goes off; Salmonella outbreak; Two hurt in fall from roof - 0
- 30 years later, Tammy Belanger isn't forgotten - 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- How to shop without guilt - 0
- NH Business Newsmakers: Alexander honored by public relations group - 0
- Lady Project seeks to inspire, showcase, connect - 0
- Concord's Steeplegate Mall has seen better days - 0
- Know the Law: 'Vaping' in workplace is largely unregulated - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Dealing with those tricky parts of research, investors - 0
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Obama's action a first step?
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Tough task for NH budget writers
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483