Home » News » Public Safety
Charges dropped against FPU student charged following fatal Jaffrey wreck
Edgard Henriquez, 19, of Rindge, had been charged with negligent homicide and aggravated DWI following the crash.
In the early morning hours of Sunday April 14, a northbound Honda Accord on Route 202, River Street, near Red Dam, crossed the center line and crashed into the woods.
The car landed on its roof and caught on fire. Passing motorists pulled one of the occupants from the burning wreck and called 911.
Police said Henriquez, who is originally from Dedham, Mass., was the alleged driver of the Honda. He was hospitalized and subsequently arrested and charged with aggravated DWI and negligent homicide.
Police released him on $50,000 personal recognizance bail and gave him a June court date for his arraignment.
He and passenger Tyler Tobin, 18, of Dedham, Mass., were taken to Monadnock Community Hospital for treatment.
Tobin was treated and released the same day. Henriquez was transferred to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., and listed in stable condition as of last week.
The third passenger, who died in the fiery crash, was identified as Peter Melville, 19, of Dedham, Mass.
"The cause of death as ruled by the Medical Examiner’s Office was blunt force trauma," Jaffrey police said.
Monday afternoon Jaffrey police made this statement, "A continuation of that investigation by Jaffrey police has resulted in information that, at this time, warrants the charges against Mr. Henriquez be withdrawn. The investigation is ongoing, and no additional information can be provided at this time."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 1
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Milton residents considering big issues at the polls Tuesday - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus